I am glad Chadd had the patients to wait for the right home at the right price to hit the market. If it were up to me we would have been living in a cookie cutter, plastic home in “Pleasantville” Anchorage. I had very little tolerance for the temporary condo in Midtown Anchorage that we were in. The closest park to the condo also doubled as an impromptu homeless shelter and was known to drunken locals as a good place to dump bodies.
The apartments across the street were mainly rented out to negligent parents. I only say that because I never saw anybody over 14 years old unless they were being escorted by a cop. For the most part I didn’t mind the 20 or so kids that play in the street outside the condo. At least they weren’t inside playing Xbox. However, I did get a little irate when a few of the older ones (12 years old I would guess) harassed a young moose that came to rest outside our window. In hopes of getting a great video for, ”When Animals Attack”, Chadd and I had the camera recording as the kids through rocks at the moose. Lucky for them the moose finally just stood up and decided to search for a more pleasant place to sleep.


1 comment:
Very well written and entertaining. I love it so far. I'll try not to be a a self-interested, rude, fun sucking, blog panhandler.
Post a Comment